"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Salmonella, Botulism

Salmonella, Botulism

Last night I took a frozen chunk
From the freezer, and with a thunk
I set it on the kitchen counter
Where I left it, then forgot ‘er.

This morning when I found it there
All thawed out, I did despair.
Do I keep, or throw it out,
Was it safe? I had to doubt.

Salmonella, botulism,
Intestinal paroxysm,

What a shame, I said out loud,
Of this soup I was so proud,
Baby limas, chopped sweet onion,
Chunks of ham, then cooked till done.

Dare I eat it? Is it safe?
On me the stress began to chafe.
Tonight I poured it in a pot
And boiled it till it was hot.

I let it boil a little longer,
With wooden spoon I did a-stir,
Hoping it was safe to eat
If I made sure to over-heat.

Salmonella, botulism,
Intestinal cataclysm.

I smelled it first, then tasted it,
Then I ate it, every bit.
If I should die before I wake,
Blame it on the beans I ate.


April 17, 2008 Gullible

No comments:

Post a Comment