"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Friday, November 28, 2008

keepin' an eye on the world....

I subbed for Erin doing the mail route today--a hundred and thirty-some miles on ice, snow and slop. The drive into Moose Pass was tricky, and I wasn't looking forward to this day at all, even with studded tires all the way around. While I was in the post office taking care of business there, the sand truck want by, and my drive to and from Hope and Cooper Landing now invoved sand on those wet, icy roads. Much better.

Down at Tern Lake, rain was falling, adding slop to an already messy highway. And, keeping an eye on it all were these four bald eagles in a cottonwood tree. There's another in the small spruce to the left. Two more were across the highway, not visible in this picture.

There's something a bit unsettling about this picture. A driver rounds a sharp curve on a wet, icy highway and sees these birds of prey lurking above. They are not only hunting birds-- they also eat carrion...

No comments:

Post a Comment