"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Winter in Alaska

(At a writer's site on Yahoo where I hang out, someone posted the following. It was about Iowa. I promptly stole it, adapated it for Alaska, and I'm bringing it to you. No, I didn't write it, but I sure wish I had!)


It's winter in Alaska
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below!

Oh, how I love Alaska
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Alaska
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!




(Thanks, Lisa, for my first laugh out loud of the day!)

I did however, have a little poem published in today's Anchorage Daily News, in the letters to the editor section:

Okay, Redoubt,
blow or get off the news.
You've exceeded
your fifteen minutes of fame.



That volcano seems to be settling down, so maybe it won't stick its ash in everyone's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment