"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Friday, June 26, 2009

the wild life

So the other morning a young bull moose was cavorting on my back lawn. (Don't ask me why Firefox is underlining my words. I haven't a clue. I usually upload photos with Internet Explorer because it allows me to do more insofar as positioning, etc. This time I forgot.)

Then, during the mail run, a weasel ran across the highway in front of me, a hawk circled above, and someone left a big salmon wrapped in black plastic in a rest area where I went to pick up litter. That evening, I looked up at the mountain behind me and saw a black spot.

See it? Double click on it.


When I cropped and magnified the pix, I could see that it was a black bear.



Life in the wild.... Nothing like it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm delighted to know that even though you've lived in Alaska for most of your life, you still appreciate it.

    I'll grab Lon as soon as he returns from Menard's and let him have a look at that big old black bear.

    It doesn't take much to please me. I'm excited to see Rockin' Robin mothering her eggs a dozen or so feet from me. We spend a lot of time together, she on her nest making babies and me at my table making words.

    ReplyDelete