"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Friday, July 5, 2013

Suddenly, Sensuously, Seduced




No warning, no segue, no subtlety.  Captured  unexpectedly.  Walking from one room to another.



               ♫ Maybe I didn’t love you…..


Music from the television.  No time to process the first few words of the lyrics.   Halted in mid-stride.   Stunned by their potency.  Helplessly mesmerized.   

 
               ♫Quite as often as I could have…


Eyes closed.  In his arms, dancing slowly, in my imagination.  Not yet cheek to cheek.  


               ♫Maybe I didn’t hold you, all those lonely, lonely times…


Now we’re cheek to cheek.  That voice—a little raspy, a little smoky, a whole lot worn down.


♫Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn’t died…


Not at all a voice to croon a love song.  But sensual.  Ohmygod, how sensual.


♫And give me, give me one more chance…


Tears between our faces. 


♫Guess I should have told you…


Did he know how much I loved him?


♫You were always on my mind, you were always on my mind.


You are always on my mind.











6 comments:

  1. Hmmm,great song ! ... Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your thoughts and feelings about this man you were so very, very close to and whom you'll never forget. You presented it so well here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, Parrot. I wasn't "dancing" with Willie.

    ReplyDelete