"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Dance Lessons

Today, class, we will learn the Alaskan Two-Step Shuffle. The steps are diagrammed below. Please refer to the diagram as I describe the steps.


1) Both feet must maintain contact with the ice all the time.

2) Slide the left foot forward slowly while right foot remains in contact with the ice and balance is maintained. It is best if you have something to hang onto.

3) Slide right foot forward slowly. Remember--both feet must maintain contact with the ice at all times. Failure to do so might render you unconscious and concussed.

4) Repeat for each foot until you reach your destination.


1 comment:

  1. Once upon a time, a few years ago, I was doing your Alaskan Two-Step Shuffle BUT, I was also using, not one, oh no, but TWO canes, each with an 'ice spike' affixed to its business end. I was 'going-to-any-length' NOT to slip and fall down.

    Yes. You guessed it. Slip and fall I did. In spite of doing everything I felt was humanly possible NOT to slip and fall. How do you explain my falling down and breaking a hip when I was INSIDE of the Dubai Airport Terminal. NO snow. NO ice. Just old age. Today we were out at Westchester Lagoon and I ventured out onto the ice where the kids were ice skating. I suddenly thought to myself, what on earth am I doing out here sans cane or sound mental condition. Thankfully I got back to the solid snow. Smiling. Cap and Patti.

    ReplyDelete