"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Been a little busy lately.....

Yep, I've been busy.   

I have prior commitments for the month of June that will keep me away from home, so I pushed hard to get the Seward highway litter-free over 37 miles.

That took 45 days, 373 bags of litter, six tanks of gas, and a lot of walking.   Fitbit says that for every mile, I actually walk between 2.5 and 4 miles.   A mile, in this case, is a mile up and a mile back on the other side of the highway.  The up to four miles occurs with broad shoulders and steep ditches that I go down and climb back up.   Again and again and again.

On the next to last day, my favorite anchor man from Ch 2, KTUU in Anchorage, caught me in Turnagain Pass.   Looking my grittiest, with worn out hiking boots and a hairstyle by Wanda the Witch, he pulled out his Samsung Galazy, shot some video, and interviewed me.

So, here's a link to my less-than-fifteen minutes of fame:

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Seward-Hwy-



So, I'll be back in July.   Hopefully with some standout photos to share.

3 comments:

  1. We saw you featured on the KTUU news on Monday night. That was a kick, and a very deserving tribute to what you do to make Alaska a bit prettier along the MILES you cover picking up litter. You DESERVE to take the month of June off!! Thank you for your extensive efforts!! Hugs, Patti and Cap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanne

    Congratulations on the work you are doing to keep the highways in your area clear of rubbish. The TV broadcast was excellent publicity for what you are doing.

    I am a blogger in the UK and my GrumbleSmiles blog is next to yours in the Elderblogger list. I have worked with older people for most of my working career and I am sure many of them would be inspired by your example. I am currently compiling a series of posts about older people's travels in different parts of the world. I hope these can then be used to encourage older people to get more fun out of cloud surfing.

    I have been following your blog for a while and I hope you don't mind, I have included a link to a number of your posts so that people can enjoy your writing and the photographs.

    This is not a commercial venture as all my work over the years has been for charity. I trust this is ok with you.

    Best wishes
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your term for your hair in the video .. Hairstyle by Wanda The Witch .. We hope your trip is going well over on the other side of the world. Cap and Patti

    ReplyDelete