"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Home Again

I was gone for a week, off to Walla Walla, Washington, for a nephew's wedding.

I flew Alaska and Horizon airlines for the trip, but after landing in Anchorage at 3A.M., this below scene caught my eye as I left the airport.   I doubled back, and  took this photo with my phone.

The plane is tied down at Lake Hood, the busiest seaplane base in the world, averaging almost 200 flights a day.   There are close to 900 small planes there, just three nautical miles from downtown Anchorage.




Yes, I took the photo at 3:30 A.M.   The light is from the sunset.    It is not as dark as it seems as this is the season of the Midnight sun.

2 comments:

  1. Hope Walla Walla was fun. 3:30 am when you got back makes me think the lighting was from sunRISE rather than sunset. We checked daylight hours here in Irkutsk, Siberia compared to Anchorage, and Anchorage gets considerably more daylight hours than Irkutsk. Irkutsk is SOUTH of Anchorage! Nice photo!! Patti and Cap

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete