"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Photo Phun

Pointing a camera--or, in this case, an iPhone--at the sun can bring some marvelous effects.

Once again we are enveloped in smoke from forest fires.    To the west, the long-burning Swan lake fire was stirred up by some wind and to the east, a small fire started yesterday afternoon near downtown Moose Pass.

Fortunately, smoke jumpers were on it quickly and a helicopter was dropping water on it also.

But, where there's fire, there's smoke and I'm catching it from both directions.

This is a photo from this evening.   I like the layered mountains effect.



2 comments:

  1. These fires are disturbing to say the least. I don't know what we were thinking with the enormous forests here in Russian Siberia BUT we were not expecting serious and severe forest fires over here as well. A small fire near downtown Moose Pass. Beauty? That IS in the eye of the beholder. Cap and Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your smoke (and its sources) soon subside. The photo effects are stunning!

    ReplyDelete