"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

As the Days Pass

 What am I doing these early days of September?

The same thing I've  done every year from spring until snowfall for the last 16 summers.   I clean up after inconsiderate jerks who throw litter all over the forty plus miles of highway that I cover.

This below photos show a pile of litter I collected during ten days along a five mile stretch of highway that I had previously cleaned up last mid-June.   Much of this is intention litter, but much as also unintentional, such as the exploded tires, coolers, pieces of vehicle bodies, etc.





I added five more bags to the pile today.


I also watch the waterfowl on Tern Lake and if the weather is nice and the lake is calm, I kayak out to take photos.


But, most days I watch from the shore.   I think a lot of the migrating bird have left.   The resident swans are still here, though.   They will remain until all the lake freezes over then fly to a nearby open water source.   



If we have a thaw during winter, I frequently see them return to Tern Lake and stay for as long as weather permits.




2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU Gullible for all the work you have accomplished each and every single year for the past 16 Summers. Wow. Wowie. We are supporting you to the hilt. Loved the photo of the Swans and their four Cygnets. Patti and Cap

    ReplyDelete