"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, August 16, 2008

vitamin D deprivation




Maybe it was Vitamin D deprivation.
Perhaps it was time to go bonkers after two days on the computer.....















When the light coming in my loft window suddenly became
a lot brighter at mid-afternoon, I shut down the computer, changed into my litter-picking clothes, and grabbed the camera. By the time I wore myself out filling five bags with highway litter, it was nearing 8 p.m., and the sun was painting masterpieces on the mountains. We've seen very little of that sun this summer, and we are certainly sun-deprived.






This little black-billed magpie, only a few months old, joined me as I cleaned up the pullout at Summit Lake. I think he was looking for a hand-out. All I had were empty beverage containers and the remains of someone's Taco Bell meal. He scolded me and took off.





What ever the reason for this light show, I'm glad I was out there in it. Lack of sun, too long indoors, gray gloomy skies all "summer" long. What was it?




Perhaps it was just what I thought it was.........some enchanted evening.











Click on these photos and they will enlarge to full screen. Then drown in them, blanket yourself with them, feast on them....
This is where I live. This is where I belong.

1 comment:

  1. They arrived just in time to save me.

    Thanks, Gully.

    ReplyDelete