"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Friday, June 18, 2010

Tern Lake comes through the middle of the house...

Tern Lake comes through the middle of the house,
In and out of the middle of the house,
Right smack dab through the middle of the house,
'cause it's raining all the time.



All the lakes and rivers are above their high water marks lately. Lots of snow on the mountains still melting and for the past week, rain is adding to the H2O around here.

Tern Lake is especially high. When I drove past there the other evening--a foggy, rainy evening--I wondered about all the birds and ducks that nest on the low marshy islands that punctuate the lake. I wonder if those gulls and terns are rethinking their lakefront property.

Sure didn't see many white heads squatted down on the near islands....


And a wet, bedraggled magpie watches it all from a birch tree limb.

1 comment:

  1. I truly enjoyed your verse. Yes, yes, I did. Your words saturated me with the sense of your weariness over the overabundance of water presently in your life.

    We've had a lot of rain here lately as well, but not to the degree you've been experiencing.

    Your photos are excellent.

    ReplyDelete