"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Know It's Here Somewhere

I started writing a novel a couple years ago when I was house-sitting and opening the door for Geri the Cat in Halibut Cove.  I had reams and reams of research and several books for reference.  I printed out pages and pages for editing and proofreading.

Then I put it aside for a while to let it cool and mature while I considered the next chapter.

I thought I'd get it out, see if it's as promising as I thought it was or if it stinks like five day old fish.  Now I can't find it, either in electronic or printed form.

What little I found on this computer is written in the first person.  I could have sworn I wrote it in the third person.

The plot's still in my head, the only fiction plot I've every been able to conjure up that's capable of sustaining a full length novel.  Because of that, my first-born plot, I consider it a goodie.

Now, where the heck did I put that first draft, what there was of it?  Wouldn't that be something?  Write a potential best seller and then lose it?

Y'all will never know how close you came to being able to say, "Well, I used to read her blog way back when she was a nobody wannabe writer...."

1 comment:

  1. I can see myself doing the same thing, that is, losing a novel I'd written. The latest technology isn't always as dependable as we think.

    If you'd written it or typed it on paper, you'd most likely know exactly where to find it.

    It'll probably pop up some day when you aren't looking for it.

    ReplyDelete