"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gobsmacked and Speechless




Now I know why:

a.  I chose this week to visit Denali;
b.  I chose Thursday to take the bus into the Park, even though I've been here since Tuesday;
and,
c.  I chose the last bus departure for Wonder Lake.









Denali, the shy one, starting to peek through.


Cross fox.

Wonder Lake.

Denali

Golden eagle.


Grizzly sow with almost grown cubs.

Dall sheep.


Grizzly.

Grizzly.



Bull caribou.

Denali in evening.

4 comments:

  1. When we drove from Anchorage to Denali five years ago while on vacation, I did not realize how lucky we were that it was so clear and visible the entire time we were there, until I spoke to others who did not get even a glimpse due to cloud cover. Coming all the way from NJ, I would have been devastated not to have experienced such a magnificent site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Jeanne. I so enjoyed reading about your trip. Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and write, it means a lot.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Denali in evening." Glorious. Hope to see it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I can click and enlarge each. and. every. picture. Beautiful stuff!

    ReplyDelete