"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Tail of the Cat

I'm in Halibut Cove, across Kachemak Bay from Homer, house-sitting.   Actually, I'm  really here to open the door for Geri the Cat. 








Pablo the Parrot stayed home in Moose Pass with Julie, no doubt screaming every time she talks on her phone, as he does with me.

Geri lives a life many of us would give our right arms for.   She is free to wander her vast haunts, spy on the sea ducks in the waters, watch the sea otters and seals with a curiosity and perhaps a bit of trepidation.







But mostly Geri's mission is to find the most comfortable spot in the house in which to take her frequent naps.





 



But what's a cat do when the cat tree has a hole in the top level?






Let it all hang out, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Does this feel somewhat like a mini-vacation, Gully?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeanne, thanks for fun photos and reading! And, I see it's your Birthday, how much better can it get than being in a gorgeous home in Halibut Cove? Anyways, are you here for Thanksgiving, and if so, please come to dinner if you can, around 6. Irene

    ReplyDelete