"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Monday, June 19, 2017

The Lament of Avian Females Everywhere

A female greater scaup voices her lament:



 I'm so pretty....





 Oh, so pretty.....






I'm so pretty and witty and wise.....    Why did HE have to photo bomb and outshine me?



***


Male pine grosbeak





Female pine grosbeak






Male (foreground) and female American wigeon



Pintail



Female and male pintails




Male and female Northern shovelers




Male shoveler

Female shoveler










Male Barrow's goldeneye

Female Barrow's goldeneye






Female and male Barrow's goldeneye




Female mallard
Get the idea???


2 comments:

  1. Maybe in the avian world the creator of the universe thought females are beautiful enough in what they DO rather than specifically in how lovely they look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know the females are camouflaged off color to protect them when nesting. No reason for the males to be so brightly colored. The birds themselves would figure out boys and girls. Smiles .. Cap and Patti the anonymous.

    ReplyDelete