"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, October 14, 2023

It Done Did It, Clyde

 I guess the dusting of snow we had a couple days ago was just a practice run, Clyde.   Last night it well and truly snowed.   As always, on your birthday.


Here's a wee gift from the Atlantic Rainforest of Brazil:



This little bird is called an Atlantic Royal Flycatcher.   Those amazing feathers on its head spread sideways, fan-like, across its head when greeting its mate.    Unfortunately, we didn't get to witness this as there was no male around while she was busy building her nest.


We did spend hours in her company, though, and enjoyed every minute of it.

2 comments:

  1. This Atlantic Royal Flycatcher is a small taste of what we can look forward to with your posts on your Brazil Adventure. We enjoyed the "taste" !! Smiles and hugs. Patti and Cap

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take a person out of Alaska, but you can't take Alaska out of a person! It's nice to know that Alaska still remembers me with a snowfall on my birthday! Sweet!
    The little flycatcher is adorable!!! Thanks for the preview of things to come. Have a happy day!! Love n hugs! Clyde

    ReplyDelete