"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sunrises: Nature's Serotonin



"When, in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries
And look upon myself and curse my fate...."




"...Haply I think on thee, and then my state,



Like to the lark at break of day arising




From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;



For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings



That then I scorn to change my state with kings."



(Excerpts from Sonnet 29 by William Shakespeare)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words...made more deeply so by the captured sights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like so many of your other photo essays, this is another I'll return to again and again.

    It's Alaska penicillin for the heart!

    ReplyDelete