"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Patti

Just got back from Anchorage where I went to see Eat Pray Love with a dear friend, who is celebrating one of those big decade birthdays.

This is her begonia. Literally. She loaned it to me to pamper this "summer" because she was going to be traveling a lot. It didn't grow very big but it packs a punch in what it did do. I've never seen such perfect, glossy leaves.



And now, 'cause every youngster and youngster-at-heart should have a carousel in their lives often, here's an Alaskan-themed one for Patti:






Caribou with Snowy Owl saddle.


Moose with Wolf saddle.



Dall Sheep.




King Salmon



Grizzly Bear




Walrus with Otter saddle.

Happy birthday, dear Patti.

Love and hugs, G

5 comments:

  1. How fabulous is that! I mean Patti's birthday and the carousel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Did you sit through the entire movie? Or make an early exit for birthday cake and ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is that carousel?
    Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The carousel is in Sterling, once-upon-a-time also known as Naptown. Just north of Soldotna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaddy: No cake and ice cream for these two. And, yeah, we sat through the entire movie. I also gave Patti a copy of the book, so she can experience the wonderful, insightful, humorous writing.

    ReplyDelete