"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We've Lost Our Uncle Ted

Uncle Ted, 86, died in a small plane crash Monday afternoon in southwestern Alaska while on his way to go salmon fishing.

He was the longest serving Republican in the US Senate at the end of his last term in office, 2009. Originally appointed to fill Sen. Bob Bartlett's term in office, Uncle Ted represented Alaska for more than forty years in the US Congress.

No one, absolutely no one, has done more for Alaska than Uncle Ted. He touched every aspect of this state in his many decades of public service.

I would wish for you to rest in peace, Mr. Stevens, but knowing your boundless energy and remembering your Hulk tie, I have no doubt that resting in peace is not on your new agenda.

Would you, though, speak with whomever is in charge of weather and have them send some sunshine this way before it snows? I know you can do it.

We'll miss you, Uncle Ted.

1 comment:

  1. What a shame! Why do the good guys have to go before their time?

    ReplyDelete