"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thank you, Uncle Ted

Dear Uncle Ted,

The country, the world, knows you as Senator Ted Stevens, R-Alaska.

We know you as Uncle Ted. You, more than anyone else, has had a profound impact on the building of this land known as Alaska.

Thank you for that and for your life dedicated to the service of Alaska and to the United States of America.

They are gathering today, this afternoon, to say goodbye. The Vice President, many Congressional members, state officials past and present, foreign dignitaries, and movers and shakers from all over the country are there.

I'm not there, but I'm thinking about you.

Thank you, Uncle Ted. To Catherine and your family, I send my deepest condolences.

No comments:

Post a Comment