"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Moonrise and Alpenglow

I stepped outside a little after ten o'clock a couple evenings ago and saw this three-quarter moon rising above the mountain ridge behind my home.  I knew what was coming, so I waited.

Within a few minutes, the setting sun painted the mountain peaks with alpenglow.


And all I could do was watch.




And take photos.


Now, go back and starting with the top photo, click on each picture to enlarge it, then click again and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Am I ever glad you were up to take these photos! I'm also glad you know Alaska so well that you can anticipate what's coming next and are always prepared to capture the special moments.

    I clicked twice and am able to see each individual tree on the mountainside and the moon also up close. Thanks for reminding to enlarge the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to experience that some day.

    ReplyDelete