"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Monday, July 18, 2011

No Problem?

If Congress doesn't get its act together by August 2 and reach an agreement about raising or not raising the debt limit, it falls on President Obama to decide who doesn't get paid.  Social Security pittance recipients and active military are at the top of the scare list.

Seems to me the answer is obvious:  You don't pay the guys who didn't get the job done, i.e., members of Congress, the President, and all their staff and other employees.

Seniors did their jobs and then retired.  The military is doing its job.

If not enough money is saved by not paying Congress, the President, and staff, well, suspend all paychecks to government employees.

Tough love, guys, tough love.

3 comments:

  1. I like your way of thinking--it makes more sense than anything else I've heard today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right there with you on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's hope and change I can believe in.

    ReplyDelete