"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Turnagain Arm

I often mention Turnagain Arm here.   There are two arms that fork at the upper reaches of Cook Inlet.

One is Turnagain and the other is Knik Arm.  Anchorage sits in the web between those those two forks.  Turnagain is roughly 40 miles long, snaking along the water's edge.  It sees some of the highest tides in the world.  

The photo below is from http://www.facebook.com/weloveroadtrips




Photo: Alaska's Seward Highway is 125 miles of pure road trip bliss.


And a few of my own photos:













5 comments:

  1. Those are great photos but you need more sunny summer day shots which shows it's spectacular summer side too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I looked for some on this computer but there aren't any. Have to fire up the dinosaur PC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top notch, breathtaking photos, Gully. I don't need to tell you to keep up the good work; good work is all you're capable of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete