"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Thursday, November 21, 2013

John F. Kennedy

 
May 29, 1917-November 22, 1963



I remember

-voices from the radio with words like “motorcade” and “Dallas” and “pronounced dead.”

-wanting to cram those words back into the radio, then turn it off so they couldn’t escape.

-a pink suit splashed with blood.

-being late for work that morning, in bondage to a radio and its awful truth.

-losing hope.




In those days, the voting age was 21.  I was looking forward to voting for President Kennedy for reelection.   I turned 22 the day after he died.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Fondly, Robbin and Tom Levy (China)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, you guys. I think of you often and hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete