"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Monday, November 25, 2013

Stuff that keeps me awake in the wee hours of the night, Part Two



Frozen in Time by Mitchell Zuckoff, “An epic story of survival and a modern quest for lost heroes of World War II.”   Fascinating story that takes place in Greenland.  I’m a fan of Zuckoff’s since Lost in Shangri-La: A True Story of Survival, Adventure, and the Most Incredible Rescue Mission of World War II.”  Guy’s a good writer, no doubt, and he finds the most obscure subjects for his books.   Anxiously awaiting his follow-up to Frozen in Time, and anything else he writes.   Plus, I'm checking into tours to







Benghazi, The Definitive Report by Jack Murphy and Brandon Webb.   This short report is told from the perspective of two former Special Ops men and is available at Amazon as an e-book for $2.00.








  

Still Foolin’ ‘Em by Billy Crystal.   Though preoccupied with his “junk,”  Crystal made me laugh out loud in the first paragraph.   Delightful book to read as Crystal writes about aging, his mid-life crisis,  and his career.   Fun.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, you go through books like Grant through Richmond!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I can't think of anything to write about, I am an insatiable reader.

      Delete
    2. When I can't think of anything to write about, I am an insatiable reader.

      Delete
  2. Missy bought Frozen in Time and the other book and gave them to me to read. What wonderful stories he told. I am finally home and doing quite well.

    ReplyDelete