"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Fur and Feathers 2022, Chapter 4

 

Watching puffins run across the water to get airborne is a kick!









FINALLY!!!














INCOMING!!!




Common murre on takeoff.




A group of puffins is known by a range of names – a colony, a puffinry, a circus, a burrow, a gathering, or an improbability


Martha is worried about John talking to her rival, a horned puffin.   "I don't know what John sees in her.    I have better hair than she does, my outfit is classier, too.   She uses too much makeup on her bill."

"Martha, C'mon.   I was just being neighborly."



"They went that-a way!"



"No, I don't want a copy of the Watchtower.   I can't read."





"Looks to me like the neighborhood is going to heck, Jessie."





And a bald eagle flies above the fray.







2 comments:

  1. Our favorite name for a group of puffins would be circus or improbability!! Their takeoffs and landings are "action-filled" and the soaring eagle was quite a contrast. Smiles and hugs, Patti and Cap

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Puffin posts are beyond the beyond Gullible. LOVING them to pieces. Running across the water to get airborne!! Love it. Cap and Patti

    ReplyDelete