"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Monday, April 23, 2012

Moonlight Madness

I received an Aurora alert from the Geophysical Institute at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, yesterday afternoon.  They have a service that sends e-mails to those who are interested in watching the Northern Lights.

I waited until after 11 PM before going outside.  The sky on the western horizon was still too light for any dramatic auroral activity.  There was, however, a startling crescent moon just off the horizon (remember, I live in the mountains and my horizons are higher that those who live in the flat lands, and I don't mean that metaphorically).

Above, and to the left, was Venus.  Here they are.


















Do you see what I see in that crescent moon?

2 comments:

  1. u probably think it's a face.
    but i think it's waves
    it surely isn't snow....is it ??
    B & B

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete