"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Who Needs Opposable Thumbs When You're a Clever Parrot?

Pablo and I were sitting in the loft this afternoon when lunch time arrived.  I went downstairs and got what I needed, which got Pablo's attention.





I put some blueberry yogurt on a plastic container lid and set it on top of his seed cup.  Pablo decided he couldn't reach the yogurt, so he picked up the lid.  Notice the 9 o'clock position of the yogurt.



Holding the lid in his beak and using his tongue, he turned the lid until it was easier for him to reach the yogurt.  Note the yogurt is now at 11 o'clock.




He even "does" the dishes.  This lid once held some soup veggies.



Apparently opposable thumbs are vastly overrated.

1 comment: