"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sunset at Tern Lake


I was driving home about 9:30 last evening, and was captivated by the colors on the mountains as the sun was setting.


































As I started to leave the pullout, I spotted a merganser pair on the shoulder of the road.  These photos were taken through a dirty windshield.   The russet-headed female merganser always looks like she's having a bad hair day.










And one last photo, taken a couple miles up the road while I was picking up litter.

















1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos and observations Jeanne. Do you ski still? Portage Lake is still awesome! I left the lake at 12:30 and it was still good. Early A.M. is best during the week, still hard and fast, and no one around except the Glacier. Irene

    ReplyDelete