"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gettin' out of Dodge in the Dodge...


The template is back to the usual color so if you're just getting around to reading the following story about fireweed, you won't have to wonder what I'm talking about in that.

Anyway, Pablo and I are getting out of town in the Dodge Thursday. We're heading north to Fairbanks, passing Denali (or Mt. McKinley as y'all probably know it) along the way.
Pablo will be riding shotgun as we tow the travel trailer.

Unless I can find a wireless connection somewhere along the way, you might not be hearing from us until next week--say, maybe Wednesday. I'm sure we'll have things to tell you and photos to show, so don't forget me while I'm gone.

In the meantime, I'm leaving you with this nice bouquet of tuberous begonias that sits by my front door. It is thought (nice indefinite pronoun there, huh?) that my mother was the first to grow tuberous begonias in Alaska. The climate is perfect for the shade-loving, cool temperature plants.

Until next time,
Gully and Pablo

PS: I have tried several times to add a blank line in between paragrapahs for ease of reading. It's a no go. I really, really hate Internet Explorer 8. And I'm not too fond of Mozilla Firefox, either. I will try one last time.

3 comments: