"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Deep inner rage...

It occurs to me that I should back up all the files on this computer because very shortly now I might have its brains bashed in by the Geek Squad at Best Buy.

Picassa has gone psycho on me, making 18 copies of any photo I try to import or export, then whiffs off with the excuse it can't read any one of them.

HP Photo Smart is dumber than a box of rocks.

Mozilla Firefox has turned into Mozilla Fireturtle.

Internet Explorer is exploring some parallel universe that is in the Stone Age.

And so I beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into deep inner rage. (Sorry, F. Scott.)

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, Gully. I can't think of anything that drives me crazier than computer related problems. I've had my share of trips to see the Geeks at Best Buy lately.

    They may be computer whizzes but they can screw up as easily as the next guy, so beware. I'm speaking from experience.

    Go forth with faith and I wish you the best. Reading your posts and viewing your pictures is a very big part of my day.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a Mac and you won't have such problems! Macs rule, IMHO.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete