"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Monday, July 27, 2009

OMG!

Whew! Whew! (fanning self with Writer's Digest magazine) Boy, it's hot in here. I'm so embarrassed my face feels like I've been poking wood on the bonfire too long and too close. Either that or it's a hot flash.

I just left Beth at Switched at Birth a message telling her the same. Her blog post today is all about Gullible, and reading what she has to say made me realize what a blabbermouth I am. More than 300 posts in a year? Wow! Like I always say, I might have trouble talkin' to you in person, but put me in front of a computer and I run off at the keyboard. Occasionally backtracking to fix those dratted typos, that is, courtesy of having taught myself to type back in high school. I've been trying to count how many fingers I use when typing--it's more than two--and I think I use all of them, just not the way you're supposed to.


Those ergonomic keyboards? The ones that have the letter keys split in half so the keys for the left hand are on the left and the right hand keys are on the right and never the twain shall meet? Know what I mean? I find them impossible. My fingers are all over the keyboard, but it works for me. Except for the typos.

Where was I? Oh, yeah, running off at the keyboard. See what I mean?

Anyway, if you want to see what has me so humbled, go on over to Beth's wonderful blog and read what she has to say:

http://www.switchedatbirth.us/

And add her site to your Bookmarks because it's well worth the time. She's a remarkable writer whom I predict will one day be quite famous. (Who? Whom? Is she the object or the subject and which one uses..... let's pretend I never brought it up...)

And, while you're there, be sure to check some of the destinations under her navigation bar. Don't miss the Longleaf Bar and Grill. It's a civilized, non-barbaric, socially-acceptable version of Gullible's Greasy Spoon.

Oh.... now that gives me an idea. Gullible's Greasy Spoon.... hmmmmm..... If only I knew how to add that to my blog. (Want to know what this is all about? Today is the day I promised myself I would do housework...)

3 comments:

  1. Here's an idea -- we can be each other publicists and make each other famous. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . Of course, I'll need a copy editor, too. Make that "other's publicist."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're on. Maybe we should keep this a secret? About that copy editor, though... Isn't that an abridgment of some inalienable right? I mean, I sure need a guardian angel when it comes to typos, grammar, and punctuation, but that "editor" thing kind of bothers me. Maybe we need a "copy technician."

    ReplyDelete