"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

No way, no how!

I arrived home from running errands in Seward this afternoon and checked the temperature. I don't know where it got the idea the humidity is 91 per cent. It changed its mind and read 25 per cent.


Not possible!!! This has never happened before. It can't be true. The reporter in me went looking for corroboration:




Oh, pffftt! You're no help at all.




Neither are you! Go back in the crawl space where I found you.



Criminy. The interior of my house, at 82, feels downright pleasant. But I think I'll take the deck chair to my garage, where it's a cool, pleasant 76.

3 comments:

  1. High today in Okie land was a dry 86 degrees. Want to move South? Oh wait, tomorrow's suppose to top 100.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever sit in your deck chair with your feet up and just soak up everything around you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I can, Shaddy. But, kayaking at Tern Lake is just as wonderful, as is walking the ditches picking up litter. Wherever I go, whatever I do, this country soothes my soul.

    ReplyDelete