"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Just a Laugh a Day

I was so anxious to go litter picking yesterday!

 I parked my truck on a slight down slope, gathered up the gear and bags, and set off walking down the road.

When I got back and tried to start the truck, the ignition was locked up tight, and I couldn’t move the gear shift out of park.

I flagged down a guy who tried to help by pulling my truck slightly uphill to take some of the pressure off the transmission. Nothing worked, not multiple tries, wiggling the steering wheel back and forth, numerous muttered oaths.

Finally, I called a neighbor who has a towing/ auto repair service. He, too, tried pulling the truck backwards. Nope. Didn’t work.

In frustration, I yanked the key out of the ignition....and noticed something. I reached in my pocket..and there was the correct key for this vehicle, which then started right up.

Gosh, I love being 77. Just a laugh a day.

I did other stupid things yesterday, but one confession is enough. I decided to sit  in the house and read the rest of the day.



Some recent arrivals at Tern Lake:



Common mergansers:






Barrow'a goldeneye:








A pair of mallards:









2 comments:

  1. That darn truck .. wouldn't you think it would give you a break and function with a key that at least 'looked like' the right key? Some vehicles are particularly touchy! Smiling from Irkutsk, Siberia .. Patti and Cap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gullible this is amazing : That you were even able to insert the incorrect key into the ignition. It has been my experience that you can't insert an incorrect key into an automotive ignition. Maybe you have separate keys for the doors and ignition. Did you insert a door key into the ignition? A door key would fit but would not turn.

    Back to the point of this : YES! This issue of aging is a real phenomenon! It is NOT just our imaginations playing tricks on us.

    Bottom line : This post helps all of we other senior citizens to not feel so alone with the daily occurrences we all enjoy.

    Smiling with Patti .. Cap

    ReplyDelete