"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Friday, August 28, 2020

Fishing with Bears, Part Four

 I've been driving over to Cooper Landing lately to photograph bears that are fishing for salmon in the Kenai River.  Rain or shine, I get there as often as I can.


 

From this vantage point and another "on the rocks" I have seen and identified sixteen different bears.

 

 

 

 

 Under the umbrella on a rainy day.

Image may contain: one or more people

 

 

 

I have seen six black bears, including this single bear.




 A sow with two cubs...



And this sow with one cub.





Plus, I identified ten different brown bears, from these two second-season cubs who were orphaned last year when their mother was killed....




 

 

This brown bear sow....



With her triplets....



(I'm gonna hug him, and squeeze him....)

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

 

 

(Twitchy nose)








 

 A brown bear sow with this season's cub....

 

 



And one or two single brown bears...(might be the same bear)

 

Image may contain: outdoor, nature and water


 

 

 

The scenery isn't bad either.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I hear some cannot leave a comment, so this is a test comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question Gullible .. Have you gotten your camera and lens (that were damaged when they fell out of the front seat of your truck when you opened your front door on an incline) back-in-action? Some of the expressions (photo 12 in particular) on these bears are priceless, absolutely priceless! I have no inate ability to caption them as you so hilariously do. Smiles Cap and Hugs Patti

    Smiles .. Cap and Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. This effort succeeded Gullible. BUT previously (your above comment not-withstanding) I could NOT get the above comment to post. Smiles .. Who Knows? .. Does The Shadow Know ?? Cap

    ReplyDelete