"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

I've been Busy!!!

 Today's activities:



Today I drove this trailer-load of brush to a dumping site, a 30-mile round trip.    I've been cutting it from around my home and driveway.


And I came back with firewood.







I've also been spending time with the little things in life:








There are four bees on the Bird Beach near the center of this photo.




"Incoming!!!"










This little bird is most likely a juvenile Hermit Thrush.




I played Hide and Seek Sith a Wilson's warbler, then Peek-a-Boo.




I took time out from cleaning up litter to power-wash the rails around my decks, and put on a coat of Penofin penetrating oil.   They look wonderful!







I discovered that the best way to clean the top rail was to have one foot on the rail and one on the ladder, then drag the ladder with one foot as I progressed.   That gave me the best angle for the pressure washer.



Working on the front rails.


Not all the boards in this photo are oiled yet, specifically the two lower vertical ones.



These rails are on the front deck where the bird feeders are.   I used some 2x8" planks to protect the little birdie feet from stepping in the penetrating oil.



Then, what the heck, I put a coat of stain on the deck itself.

1 comment:

  1. It is ASTONISHING Gullible that you can catch photos of bees in mid-flight! That IS impressive!! The decks and railings look wonderful. What a job .. and when you mentioned having one foot on the ladder and one foot on the railing as you scooted the ladder along to do this job .. I .. well, I gasped!! Well done, but gee, wouldn't it be safer go get someone to help you? On the other hand, having known you for well over 50 years, I know, I know, you are a "do it yourself" person! Nice to find you back online tonight!! Smiles and hugs, Patti and Cap

    ReplyDelete