"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

So, I got this thing....



Blowing Horns Stock Illustrations – 84 Blowing Horns Stock Illustrations,  Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime



 Went to the post office a couple weeks ago and found a large envelope in my box.


Well, well.   How nice.



There was a ceremony last August in which this was presented but I couldn't attend because I was across the Inlet looking for bears to photograph.  The information came from an interview which follows and is dated.   This, 2024, was my 18th year in picking up litter.



Goes rather nicely with these from a couple years ago:


 Anchorage TV anchor Mike Ross of KTUU News found me in Turnagain Pass, dressed in my finest armored denim to protect me from scratchy bushes, picking up litter and interviewed me.  Mike says it remains one of his favorite interviews.   He did a great job.😁





And this was especially nice, and a surprise.   This commendation also used Mike's interview for information.   


United States Senator Dan Sullivan's office contacted me a few years ago and this resulted:






Sen. Sullivan also sent me a copy of his speech printed on parchment and in a leather-bound folder.   It's very nice.   It all means I'm forever included in the Congressional record.









Enough tooting my own horn.   How about a trumpeter swan cygnet.  I call this photo "Embracing the Light."



"Embracing the light".   Trumpeter swan cygnet.


1 comment:

  1. Bud
    What a great tribute. You earned it and deserve it for all you do. It is so good to know that your work has been noticed and you have a right to toot your own horn.

    ReplyDelete