"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Breaking Dawn

 I really should get out of the house more often.....





 Especially when the sun is rising and peering through the early morning clouds and fog.....






And more especially after I dreamed that I cut a 3x3 foot hole in the ice on a lake....




So the polar bears could climb through the hole and visit....



 


And I discovered if you can just scratch them behind the ears, they won't look at you like you're their next entree....







And suddenly, in that remarkable way dreams have of moving in an alternate universe, that hole in the ice was a hole in my cabin floor, through which a number of polar bears climbed to visit...







 And I had to fight for pillow rights with two little white cubs...





 And  Mama Bear crouched to leap up on the top bunk where I was trying to reclaim my pillow from her babies so I surrendered the pillow...



 



 And even bigger boar bears were also trying to leap onto the top bunk....






And then the alarm clock went off....






 And all too soon I was back in a very real world, driving on glare ice on the Hope Road and thinking I could have ice skated the whole way.....






I really need to get out of the house more often....

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Jeanne, and love the photos.

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat!! Or I should say treats!!

    I enjoyed your dream and I'm so glad you chose to get out.

    Thanks so much for your lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too much .. Smiles .. Cap ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are among the best pictures yet! I confess to not reading the dream, I simply couldnt tear my eyes away from the mist and the distances... the vistas of MY dreams

    ReplyDelete