"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Meanwhile, back at Tern Lake

Red-necked grebe

Common loon on its nest

Common loon


Arctic tern

Common loons.  Too close, too much lens, too short a depth of field, and too much bouncing in a kayak.   Ah, well, I'm still learning.

Muskrat



American wigeon hen


Contortionist common loon

Trumpter swan


American wigeon

American wigeons



Pintail drake.

Arctic tern

Arctic tern

Arctic tern



Green-winged teal
Greater yellowlegs sandpiper


Greater yellowlegs sandpiper

Mallard hen


Barrow's goldeye drake preening breast feathers.   The orange thing is not a shrimp, but its foot.

Male and female Barrow's goldeneyes


Trumpeter swans

American wigeons

Common merganser hen


Mallard drake

Arctic tern


3 comments:

  1. Meanwhile, back at the beautiful and lively and serene Tern Lake ... the bird-life has returned for the summer. That is always so exciting to me when our birds are one again doing 'their thing' all around us. There are even many more birds appearing around my condo. Love it! Smiles, Patti and Cap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! And here I thought a wigeon was an amphibious airplane. The things I learn here Gullible. Wonderful, looking momma loon, on her nest, right-in-the-eye. What a great Post. It almost looked like the Arctic Terns were dive-bombing YOU. They can be a real threat. Can you imagine migrating from one pole to the other annually. And the Swans. Whewie such magnificence. Joy from myself and Patti .. Cap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where on this good earth was I June 4th when I posted the above. Smiles .. Cap I was IN Pueblo Colorado just getting ready to leave for Colorado Springs. That's where I was.

    ReplyDelete