"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Touched

I'm sitting in the living room, feet up, enjoying a cup of tea while watching a news program.  From behind me comes the sound of short, stubby wings in flight.   I put one foot on the floor.

I wait a minute and a Mexican Double Yellow-Headed Green Amazon parrot pigeon-toes across the carpet to my feet.








He waits for his elevator (my foot) ride to my level.







Once he's settled on my leg, he produces four seeds from his beak and lays them on my knee. 








They are his favorites--a shelled sunflower and three safflower.








I'm touched.   He's happy.








Such a good bird......








I said "touched,"   not "tetched."

5 comments:

  1. "Sharing" is the ultimate expression of love. Good job Pablo! Did you eat your seeds Jeanne? Hugs. Patti and Cap

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are touched? WE ARE ALL TOUCHED by this wonderful Post! How nice you had your camera at-the-ready because you caught some lightning in your hand for a moment or two. What a show of affection by Pablo .. Thanks for sharing this .. Smiles Cap and Patti ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Times like this make you forget those "other" times. I'm glad you and Pablo have each other for companionship in your quiet time..

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only my nasty cat Bert would show me a little bit of affection instead of laying in wait, claws out, to swat at my bare heels as I walk across a room. He only has one life left so he better mind his p's and q's.

    ReplyDelete