"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Monday, February 2, 2009

help me, rhonda, help, help me...

(All of these posts are the result of a former writing instructor recommending we write a poem of the day--what we're doing or thinking today. I am addicted, caught up in the process, can't let go, need some help, need to go cold turkey and quit this.)




Off to work, lunch in hand,
gray panels a daily prison.
Work a drag, boredom reigns,
look to lunch for diversion.

Peanut butter on some bread,
lettuce added for the crunch.
Is there jelly or banana,
or maybe mayonnaise?

Salmonella, botulism,
Intestinal paroxysm.

Never mind the warnings strong,
to return the products now,
peanut butter’s not your friend,
peanut butter’s toxic waste.

Is it bad or is it good?
Talking heads will let you know,
click on their link and they will tell
all the peanut no-nos.

Salmonella, botulism,
intestinal cataclysm.

No comments:

Post a Comment