"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, January 6, 2024

National Bird Day

 Yesterday, Jan. 5, was National Bird Day.   I discovered that too late to post photos for the day, so I am now going to show you some of my favorite bird photos.  


All of these photos were captured about a mile from my home, except for the Say's Phoebe.


I am still working on the next chapter of the Brazil Journals, and it's a doozy!



Saw What owl in nest box




Savannah Sparrow.





Trumpeter Swan




Common Mergansers



Belted Kingfisher





Frosty juvenile Bald Eagle





Bald Eagle defending his salmon from Black-billed Magpie.




Female Goldeneye



Mallard pair




Common Merganser





Horned puffins






Say's Phoebe





"The Thugs".  Scaup ducklings






"The Dreamer"





Trumpeter Swan in spring






Trumpeter Swan pair at Tern Lake


American Dipper singing in the rain.





Tree swallow that just fledged.   Not sure about this flying thing.




Yellowlegs





Sandpiper on lily pads.




Yellow-rumped warbler coming at me.









2 comments:

  1. Many stunning photos of your "neighborhood birds" but the one that took our breath away was the swan with its mirror image in the water.. WOW!! Catching our breaths and smiling with pleasure. Patti and Cap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, Jeanne. You are a very accomplished bird photographer.

    ReplyDelete