"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Friday, March 20, 2009

you can't say we didn't warn you....

Three bridges needing replacement in an area near Moose Pass called Crown Point have 20 mph speed limits on them to reduce pounding. Heavy trucks are restricted to nighttime travel. Now, stop lights have been set up on this bridge over Trail River to turn the highway here into a one-lane road, and the lights are timed to allow only a couple cars to cross the bridge at a time.


Repairs and replacement of the wooden pilings under the bridges is scheduled for this summer. In the meantime, note the sign below:



And this one below is a perennial favorite. It's less than two miles from my home....







These signs almost make me want to turn around and go back home. Alaska: It Ain't for Sissies.

No comments:

Post a Comment