"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Half-Baked Alaska, No. 5



Summer lies heavy upon the land. 

Tree branches droop with the weight of their annual decor,   wildflowers work 24/7 under the Midnight Sun to propagate their species, and the last baby birds will fledge any day.

The above-average temperatures have the high mountain snowfields and glaciers melting like crazy, giving lakes and ponds that over-filled look, with perhaps only surface tension keeping their waters from running willy-nilly across the land.






I am certain that during this warm and wonderful summer I have used the air conditioning in both of my vehicles more than the total time in all eleven years I've owned each of them.   There's a message in there somewhere.

I'm just not sure if that message regards climate change or menopause....






http://www.magnussonracing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/442101-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Cartoon-Sweaty-Woman-Exercising-For-Her-New-Year-Resolution.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry if you're still experiencing the affects of menopause. You aren't really are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much anymore. Night sweats. Occasional hot flash.

      Delete
    2. Those ain't hot flashes, woman. They're power surges.

      First three paragraphs absolutely luminous.

      Delete
  2. It HAS been and continues to be a great summer ... I have known some that have been otherwise! Hugs. Patti

    ReplyDelete