"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Snapshots from Africa, Page Seven

First safari drive in Kruger National Park, and we saw all of the Big Five and more.  The Big Five are the lion, rhino, Cape Buffalo, elephant, and leopard.



Cape Buffalo



Warthog





Termite mound

Oak Spider'


Kudu family

Male Kudu

Wildebeest

Four lions


Now three lions.

Lilac breasted roller

Rhinos


Hamerkop (stork)

Red-winged starling

Impala


Young Impala




Leopard!!!





Bushbok


Steenbok












And for the icing on the cake, the rare Wild Dog, which should be called the African Wolf.   It's really as large as a wolf.


4 comments:

  1. You've captured your trip beautifully, Gully. The sights you've seen are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing .. Absolutely Positively AMAZING .. Cap and Patti ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wild dogs!! I didn't realize that they are so large...

    ReplyDelete