"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ah, Wilderness were Paradise Enow

Enough with the loaf of bread and the jug of wine. I'm still on my New Year's diet. Instead...


A Nikon Coolpix under the full moon,

An SD card, and a stable tripod,

Clear night sky and cool crisp air,

Ah, Wilderness were Paradise enow.






With thanks to Omar Khayyam and Edward FitzGerald for prompting the words.

3 comments:

  1. Breathtaking! The warm yellow light at your windows draws me inside after soaking up pure moonlight and the majesty it reveals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to come live with you!

    That’s it! I know why your muse has been on vacation -- how could she think of working when there is so much natural beauty to explore.

    Maybe if you set out a nice warm cup of tea spiked with a bit of rum and cinnamon it would draw her back home for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So was this 4 in the afternoon? heh heh heh. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete