"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Friday, April 2, 2010

Low Tide in Halibut Cove

I made my rounds yesterday at a low, low minus 4 tide. Here are some things I saw.



A starfish that got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.



Very visible underwater growths. I want to say these are anemones, but I'm not sure.



A starfish still underwater, in the shadow of a boat.


An exposed beach littered with clam shells.




All those white things are clam shells--sea otters' dinner plates, if you will.




Gerri and a pair of mallards.





The ducks paddled back and forth, each lap taking them closer and closer to Gerri.





There was no way Gerri was going to jump in the water after them, and I think the ducks knew that.







Curiosity, Gerri, might get the cat wet...








And I doubt Gerri knew that.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that starfish lived up there...and underwater growths like those.

    I'm with Gerri. I wouldn't want to get wet either if I was pretty and all dressed in white.

    Are you and Gerri going to color Easter eggs tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete