"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

'nuff said?

I think my DSL service is frozen. It's been operating at the blinding speed of evolution the past few days, which makes posting anything a long, drawn-out process.


That's twenty-three point six below zero. Fahrenheit.
That white band at the top of the mountain is how close the sun gets to shining in the valley where I live. Around Valentine's day, it will hit my house for a few seconds, and then every day it stays a little longer.


In the meantime, the wood stove in the living room keeps me company....





...as does the Amish electric heater in the loft. I have no idea where my muse is. She's been AWOL since this cold spell began before Christmas. I suspect she's still curled up in bed, trying to stay warm.

1 comment: