"I'm going to speak my mind because I have nothing to lose."--S.I. Hayakawa
_______________________________________________________

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Early Bloomers

Watching the vegetation turn green and the early wildflowers bloom is one of the best parts about spending hours picking up litter along the highway.  Mid-June to mid-July is the best time for wildflowers in this part of Alaska.

This year the flowers seem early, probably because our small winter snowfall has melted sooner than usual, and the days have been warm and sunny lately.

In the past four days, I’ve seen these violets…..





…and whatever these yellow things are.  They might be cinquefoil and then again maybe buttercups.




And I still haven’t found out what this thing is:





In another month, this sweet little creek that can’t been seen by anyone in a passing vehicle will be a-blaze with wild columbine, bluebells, and various other plants, all set off by lush green grass and leaves.




These are highbush cranberries left from last fall.



Pretty soon the purple flowers will bloom, the wild geranium, Jacob’s ladder, and bluebells, joining this lupine.




Lots to look forward to, especially the chocolate lilies.





#&Ә′′ð¡?


What?

#&Ә′′ð¡, *^ی۞☼?

No.

&#∞ ≠∑æ.

No, I said.  Dandelions are considered an invasive plant.  The less publicity, the better.

!!!  &#  *^ی۞☼!!!

All right.  Just one.  Will you be quiet then?








!!!■█■◙▓●!!

WHAT NOW?   I said ONE.  A group shot?  Oh, good grief.



There.  Are you happy now?


♫♫☺♫♫




2 comments:

  1. You amaze me with your cleverness. I'd never heard dandelions speak until now. They're certainly persistent in more ways than one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell them I said so, but some people (mostly Californians in chi chi restaurants) eat dandelions as a delicacy in their fancy salads.

    Very nutritious little buggers they are, too!

    One of your "unidentifieds" had me looking at Indian paintbrush pictures; that's probably not it, but it sure is pretty.

    ReplyDelete